Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekly round-up

WELL! After the shock of seeing NISA trying to charge £81 per class for the British Adult Championships, my blood pressure has only just about come down again, now it is a more reasonable (but still bl**dy expensive) £42 per class. Two whole weeks of being an official member (yes, I have the shiny gold card and everything), and they have already had an email of complaint from me . . .

Still not feeling 100%. I think I may be slightly iron deficient at the moment, hence all the lethargy, light headedness, recurrent eye infection, bruisey legs etc, so am being a good girl and taking my iron supplements. Had a similar thing about two years ago, and it sorted me out after a few weeks.

I had a few days off work last week, and at the request of my coach, along with a few friends, I didn't spend four hours a day at the ice rink, and actually lazed around at home instead! I didn't even do synchro on Thursday - I seem to have pulled a muscle in my right arm (not sure how - probably synchro!) and the thought of clinging on for dear life to my neighbour with it wasn't appealing. I went and watched though - it was actually really good to see how it all fits together. Rather than being in the midst of it, and screaming silently :)

Lesson time was mostly working on the Canasta Tango. Sigh . . . you spend ages on one dance, thinking it is likely to be one of the required ones in the BAC's, get it so your coach is really quite happy with it, and then you have to start all over again. Not having done the Tango for ages though, D was actually pretty happy with it. I do need to work on not flattening off the progressive at the end of the long axis and the following crossroll, but overall, not bad. I remember when it used to feel that I was galloping to keep up with this - happy to report, my timing is pretty good on it now!

I am now temporarily cat-sitting down in Kentish Town and one thing that has been at my disposal is vast acreage of laminate flooring. So I have been spinning on it in my socks . . . as you do. And rather oddly, I have noticed I prefer spinning on my right leg, rather than my left. Could I be a "leftie" skater? It feels a lot more balanced, and I already do spirals on the "wrong" foot as well. This could be a problem for synchro though!!!! Something for me to play with this week though, when I get my skates on again.

But back to work today, and with a nice sore throat as well. I just want to feel ENERGETIC again!!!!!! Still, another three weeks, and I have a whole week off work. Luxury!

No comments: