So pleased, I just have to share!
Not directly a skating post, but I am so chuffed today that I just have to share it!
You may remember that I have been on a "health mission" (sounds much better than diet - and diet always sounds like such a temporary word to me) since about November. Well, as of this morning, I have now lost exactly four stone. That's 56 pounds, or 25.4kg for those of you who prefer alternative measurements :)
I have had two goal posts for this - next Saturday is my best friends wedding, at which I am chief bridesmaid. Quite a few months ago now, she took an absolute leap of faith at my request (bless her) and bought my dress about 3 sizes too small. That now fits, and I am looking forward to feeling absolutely gorgeous next weekend (well not as gorgeous as the bride, but still pretty fab I hope!).
I still want to lose a little more - and skating is partly to blame for that. If I wasn't skating, I would probably be more or less where I want to be - maybe another half a stone off, but if I am going to wear lycra in public (whenever my first comp may be!), I want to feel as good as I possibly can! So that is goalpost number 2 and I am sure it will get harder from hereon in. Still, onwards and downwards (on the scales at least!).
Regardless, today is a bit momentous and feeling very, very smug!!!!!
You may remember that I have been on a "health mission" (sounds much better than diet - and diet always sounds like such a temporary word to me) since about November. Well, as of this morning, I have now lost exactly four stone. That's 56 pounds, or 25.4kg for those of you who prefer alternative measurements :)
I have had two goal posts for this - next Saturday is my best friends wedding, at which I am chief bridesmaid. Quite a few months ago now, she took an absolute leap of faith at my request (bless her) and bought my dress about 3 sizes too small. That now fits, and I am looking forward to feeling absolutely gorgeous next weekend (well not as gorgeous as the bride, but still pretty fab I hope!).
I still want to lose a little more - and skating is partly to blame for that. If I wasn't skating, I would probably be more or less where I want to be - maybe another half a stone off, but if I am going to wear lycra in public (whenever my first comp may be!), I want to feel as good as I possibly can! So that is goalpost number 2 and I am sure it will get harder from hereon in. Still, onwards and downwards (on the scales at least!).
Regardless, today is a bit momentous and feeling very, very smug!!!!!



6 comments:
Well done you, that's brilliant :)
Thank you Clare :)
Congratulations! I think you've left me behind now - I don't think I've lost more than 3 stone, if that (my scales broke, and my new ones read rather differently!).
Thanks Mrs R :)
And with the amount of hectic running around I am doing this week, I've probably dropped even more! I was up at 3.00am this morning to go to New Covent Garden Flower Market to pick up floweres for the wedding tomorrow . . .
congratulations!
Are you no longer skating? It seems awhile since you updated your blog!
Post a Comment