Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Winter drawbacks

I haven't been lazy this past week. I was finally got by the Evil Winter Virus.

It is quite rare for me to succumb to these things, so typically, I was hit quite badly. Throat started a bit "off" on Friday, feeling rubbish on Saturday, full body aches on Sunday, and a day off work yesterday, getting bored to tears by daytime television. Plus, streaming nose, hacking cough, watering eyes, sore throat . . .

Back at work today, being very careful to keep my distance from everyone (though with the air conditioning in this ten storey building, there are probably germs from about 500 people circulating in the air around us as I type), still coughing and sneezing, but on the whole feeling much better. Better than I sound anyway . . .

My coach told me to forget the "24 hour rule" for lesson cancellations and to let her know tomorrow if I am okay for my lesson.

I think by tomorrow I will be so desperate for exercise and to get on ice, I will be there regardless. Even if I have to wrap myself in a duvet.

In the meantime, thank the Good Lord for Nurofen Cold & Flu!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

'tis the season...

glad you are feeling a bit better -
take care of yourself

3turn

Amanda said...

Thank you 3turn - yes, on the mend now :)

And can't wait for my lesson this evening, even if it's just a gentle one!

Clare O said...

Glad you're feeling a bit better now. I hate being ill but I confess to loving daytime tv!

Amanda said...

Funnily enough, I quite enjoy it when I'm on leave!

But when I'm feeling ill and irritable, it just annoys me. The most entertaining thing I watched was four back to back episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer . . .

:)