Shaky on my feet
FInal lesson today before Christmas and it was . . . interesting. For most of it, I felt like my confidence had taken a backward dive (no pun intended!) since my spectacular crash on Monday. Backward skating especially felt very shaky like my knees weren't listening to me.
Luckily for me, as you know the coach had passed me on everything last week so I didn't have to impress today. Apparently the elements for this level were good today anyway, but I certainly didn't have the same level of confidence as normal. However, over the 45 minute session, it slowly came back to me, so much so that I was (somewhat gingerly) discussing and doing forward crossovers with another girl. Only on the good foot though!
However, even through all today's wobbliness in the knee area, I did have a minor breakthrough! On my FO's, my RFO's have finally, finally hit home and they are as good as my LFO's. And it all came down to feeling the weight going over my little toe. And I know this was told to me weeks ago, but I guess my feet took more time to catch up! But it did feel rather wonderful to have a good outside edge on both feet at last.
Thank you for your kind enquiries about my fall on Monday. Yesterday I felt really stiff over my shoulders, neck and back, and my neck in particular stiffened up even more towards the end of the day, along with a slightly twisted knee and a somewhat sore patch on the back of my head. So definitely a bit of a fragile day! Today however, I feel much better with just a residual aching and my knee pain is gone. I have resigned myself to the fact that skating, although it looks beautiful, can be bloody painful at times, so I will just have to deal with it!


No comments:
Post a Comment