47 Things You Never Knew About Me . . .
I haven't skated for a few days, and won't be till Thursday, so thought I would post the following instead. I wrote it last week, just after bashing my head and it is pinched from Jen's Pigeon Tendencies blog.
FIRST NAME?
Amanda. It means "Lovable" or "Worthy of Love".
WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
No. But I was nearly called Tabitha. Though that's not after anyone either.
WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
At the recent special episode of the Royle Family when Nana died. My own Nana died last year, and it was all a bit close to the heart.
DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Never really thought about it, but lots of people comment on it. I think it is quite old fashioned – very “scripty”
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT?
Parma ham
IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I hope so. I think I can sometimes appear a bit stand-offish to people I haven’t met before, but I am just shy. But I am told that I am a very kind person.
DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL?
Um, hello!
DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes. I have my mouth open and going “Aaaargh” – can you see them?
WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Hell, no.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CEREAL?
Jordan’s Country Crisp with nutty bits.
DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
The only ones with laces are my skates. Have you tried removing skates without untieing them? I think you could only do it by chopping your feet off.
DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Mentally and emotionally yes. Physically – depends which bit you are talking about.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ICE CREAM FLAVOUR?
Ben & Jerry’s Phish Food.
Ben & Jerry’s Karamel Sutra.
Haagen Dazs Pralines & Cream.
Haagen Dazs Dulce de Leche.
Need I go on?
SHOE SIZE?
5 ½. The most awkward size you can be. Hardly any (cool) shoe shops sell them, and when you do get them, they are the first to sell out in sales.
RED OR PINK?
Pink. No, red. No, pink! Best to refer to the next question.
WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVOURITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My indecisiveness. Maybe.
WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My mum. She died seven years ago when I was 22 after suffering with Multiple Sclerosis for 10 years, and it makes me sad that she will miss me getting married, having children etc.
WHAT FOOD WILL GET YOU OUT OF BED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT?
Much as I love food, nothing, nothing, will get me out of bed if I don’t have to.
WHAT COLOUR TROUSERS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Bare feet, black jogging pants with white stripes and cream and pink fleecy top – not changed since returning from the rink, so my skating gear. Bar the bare feet of course!
LAST THING YOU ATE?
I am flatsitting for my friends who are on holiday in the Maldives (no envy, honest), and her mum made me tea and hot currant bun / butter. To make the bashed head better.
WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Sex & The City on cable TV.
IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOUR WOULD YOU BE?
Aubergine.
FAVOURITE SMELL?
Dolce & Gabanna Light Blue (perfume)
WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Tesco’s. To ask yet again where the hell is the order that was meant to arrive yesterday.
THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Their smile and their eyes. Particularly when it is a nice, tall, man. And when it is a man, I always look at their hands. I love big strong hands on a man . . .
DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON YOU STOLE THIS FROM?
I love her blog, but I have never met her!
FAVOURITE DRINK?
Non-alcoholic – tea.
Alcoholic – Blossom Hill White Zinfandel.
FAVOURITE SPORT?
Ice skating & Shotokan karate (I am on my fifth belt). My boss has these visions of me combining the two together. A mawashi geri (roundhouse kick) with blades? Ouch . . .
EYE COLOUR?
Brown. Apparently they go almost black when I am angry.
HAT SIZE?
Absolutely no idea. I try and avoid hats as they make me look idiotic.
DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No need for my vision. But I have worn blue ones before.
FAVOURITE FOOD?
A homemade, simmered for hours, Chili Con Carne.
SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy endings. Preferably after having made me cry my eyes out.
SUMMER OR WINTER?
Neither. Spring and Autumn.
HUGS OR KISSES?
Kisses. Cos most of the time a hug gets thrown in for free!
FAVOURITE DESSERT?
Cheesecake.
WHAT SIDE OF THE BED DO YOU SLEEP ON AND WHY?
It’s been a little while since I had to share, so spreadeagled down the middle. With someone else, I’ve never cared.
IF YOU DIDN'T MAKE THE DECISION TO GET MARRIED AND HAVE A FAMILY, WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING TODAY?
Erm, what I’m doing, considering I’m neither married nor have a family?!
WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?
Dante – Count of Monte Cristo.
Terry Pratchett’s Monstrous Regiment.
WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
The company I work for logo. But Gerard Butler is my wallpaper (I'm such a teenager sometimes!)
WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV?
Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Love it!
FAVOURITE SOUNDS?
Purring cats.
The barely perceptible sound of my blades on ice, when I'm skating well.
Little waves on a hot beach in Kefalonia (my holiday this year).
Scottish or Irish male voices. Especially when attached to aforementioned tall, smiley man with nice eyes.
ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES?
The Stones
THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME?
Which is furthest away – Morocco or Greece?
WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT?
I’m very bendy. Hypermobility runs in the family, and ballet has also added to this. I can still do the splits!
WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
The Sussex Royal in Brighton.
WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
I copied it from Pigeon Tendencies. Thanks Jen!


10 comments:
Yay, Bring on the "i have nothing to write about so i'll just write some intresting facts" post!
Gerard Butler? really? *shakes head*
Then again I do have David Tennant as mine... :-) mmm.. Scotish Sexy man. I'm wiling to share him with you tho! ... not at the same time... casue.. umm.. thats just a bit ,... well... ok! back to work!
You see, it's the accents! Gerard Butler has a goooorgeous scottish accent!
Thank you for the offer of sharing David Tennant (although obviously not at the same time). He does have very pretty eyes
:-)
That was a really interesting post Amanda. I have to say we have something other in common than our love of ice skating and that is size 5½ shoe size. European sizes have never been the same - a 38 is too tight and a 39 slobs!! I was wondering what skates you have. My first pair were Risport RF4 but they caused havoc with my feet. I now have some Edeas which have been great - no problems.
Do you go to Somerset House next Thursday? Can't wait to read the blog.
My skates are Riedell Blue Ribbon's in size 38 wide. Unfortunately my little toes are a strange shape from years of pointe work and even the wides were pinchy at first. They are just about comfy now!
Somerset House in two days - looking forward to it! My colleagues are now as well, they were a bit nervous for a while. Might be going to the Hampstead Heath Skating Rink on Saturday as well! Bring on that Christmassy feeling . . .
i shall be spying out of my window..
mwah ha ha.. ;-)
Are you staying late especially to espy my poor colleagues falling around the ice? :-) (I hope I don't fall over - that would just be embarrassing and they wouldn't let me live it down).
I'm jealous you have so many open air rinks to choose from - have you been to Kew as that always looks lovely?
I'm also jealous (and impressed) that you can do the splits. Should come in useful when you start doing spirals and (dare I suggest it) catch foot camels. I am lucky if I can get my leg level with my hip. I keep meaning to start an exercise programme to stretch the muscles but maybe I am just past it.
I have never been to an open air rink before, so a new experience! Kew does look nice, but I live in North London so a little harder to get too.
. . . and secretly? I have been working on my arabesques again, so I can get a good strong spiral position when I start doing them :-) The flexibility is there, but I need to work on the strength to hold the leg up there as well!
nudepictures [url=http://www.leucadiasoftware.com/blog/950] naked tape[/url] Nude beaches
Celebrities nudes [url=http://buzz.yahoo.com/article/1:6a95843d652f302db863edaf4d22d7a0:d3dea532b0c2806109cb9f7ba28f21c4/Adrianne-Curry-Is-A-Topless-Nerd?usc=1] nude sex scene[/url] Celebrities nudes
Post a Comment