Say hello to the new girls :)
Went to see Les Westaway today, and now I am a few hundred pounds lighter :)
But look at how pretty they are!!! SP Teri Dance with Coronation Dance blades.
It was an interesting day. First of all, my feet are wide. Which I knew. Second of all, on a UK shoe sizer, I am a 3 and a half, which I did not know! I have been wearing size 5 or 6 apparently to compensate for my duck feet!!!
So with my wide, short feet. SP Teri are just about perfect. Not the cheapest boot, but even as I sit here typing on the sofa, with my ankles being tortured (well, a bit of digging in - could be worse!), I can feel the potential. We went with the slightly longer boot, rather than the size down which was a little tight on my toes, so I have a little wiggle room, and slightly narrower width as although technically my feet are off-the-scale wide, they are the sort of feet that prefer a snugger fit (the widest fit felt like I was wearing boats). Not too snug though - still the second to widest fitting! And since I have come home, I have looked closer at my Riedells and seen that I have about a spare inch at the end of room, hence in the picture below, my new ones look nearly an inch shorter!!!
One thing that is a trifle concerning, is that with both having a smaller boot than my Riedells, and having a dance blade, the blades are TINY compared to my Wilson Excels on my Riedells!!
Look!! Skating the first time in these should be amusing . . . . The rocker is much more pronounced as well - wonder if this will help with learning to spin?


6 comments:
I remember when I went to dance blades and a pair of boots that actually fit.... Interesting, basically!
Have fun.
Oh nooo! Tell me!!!
What should I expect?
Just takes some getting used to - you will adapt before D comes back (why has she gone to California, by the way?), I'm quite sure.
Post PhD holiday. With lots of skating thrown in of course!!
Now just wearing them around the house hoping they soften. Might try heat moulding tomorrow fo a laugh :D
I'm actually quite scared about skating in them!!!
Well, the more you skate in them, the sooner they'll feel like "your" boots!
It won't truly have success, I believe this way.
Post a Comment