It's my birthday :)
My shoulder is still very sore (not getting better, so I think I may need to go to the doctors about it) and today it is my 32nd birthday, so I have excused myself from synchro this evening to go out for a few drinks with friends. After getting such a lovely comment from "Anonymous" the other day encouraging me with the synchro, I shall be back as normal next week, learning the steps in the corner if need be, until I can hold on to people again without my arm feeling like it is going to fall off!!!
I am so positive about my birthday this year - it makes a change from being depressed about going up a year! I think one of the main reasons has to be that I am over five stone lighter than I was last year. My self-esteem and confidence has rocketed, and that makes such a difference to your general outlook on life, it is unbelievable. So feeling very positive about the coming year!!!
I am also very excited as I am off to see Les next week (I have a week off work so good timing!) to be fitted for brand spanky new skates. I have been meaning to do it for ages but just not getting round to it. I am rather bedazzled by SP Teri Dance - if they feel good, I may just splash out a bit on them. If I do like them, I am going to have lambswool tongue lining custom done as well - skating bare foot, my ankles are getting a bit lacerated, so something nice and soft would be lovely :) Les also said he may be able to do a special deal on blades (D has recommended Coronation Dance) for me as well, but I still think I might wince as I hand my credit card over!!! Unfortunately, they will take about six weeks to arrive, but at least the wheels (or should that be blades!) will be finally in motion.
Skating this week has been so-so. Lee Valley was swamped on Saturday, and patch has been busy at Ally Pally as well. However, I have been perservering with the spinning thing, and I can see progress. My weight is more consistently over my skating foot (not always, but sometimes!) and I am consistently getting 2-2.5 revs now. On Saturday I am going to start pushing it up to 3, and start doing them from a BXO start again, at least half the time.
I literally am SO EXCITED about getting new skates!!!!!!


2 comments:
Happy Birthday! And special congratulations on having lost 5 stones - I really thought how slight you were when we met at Lea Valley last month. And was envious.....
Thanks Mrs R - and wow, I've never been described as slight EVER in my life. Even when I was dancing!!! :D
Post a Comment