I have skated this week . . . . .
. . . but its been a bit Meh really.
No lesson this week, as D has been off fulfilling her journalistic commitments by reviewing some ice show for iSkate but was on hand as requested to help out her SkateUK Level 5 adults with their backward one foot glides and forward crossovers.
Conditions at the ice rink hasn't helped - condensation in there has been dreadful, with pretty patterns of bumps forming all over the ice in nice gridlike formations. It makes doing a spiral rather hair-raising!!!
That and having big splashy drops of water landing on your forehead can be rather off-putting! And the mist . . . .
Oh well, spent my time practicing my Rhythm Blues and Golden Skaters Waltz, field moves and other niggly little bits. STILL can't get a double twizzle, but after working on getting my weight right over my supporting leg on them, my single twizzles are much better. All the lunges and yoga I have been doing on the Wii Fit also seem to have had a beneficial effect on my drags and spreadeagles!!
I even spent some time trying to persuade another adult skater that he really wants to try ice dancing, with a partner . . . . lol.
I am now also trying to work out if it is worth the risk of ordering my new skates direct from the manufacturer in America to save rather a lot of money . . . D has requested that I get Coronation Dance blades which I will still buy here - for some reason they are slightly cheaper in the UK. But boots - I could save from £50-100, even with the postage!!


2 comments:
Be careful ordering skates from the USA - as likely as not you will be hit with import duty and VAT which will wipe out any savings. I got copped that way on a skating dress I ordered while in the USA that was then sent to me in the UK - had to pay about half as much again in taxes. Grrrr.
Blades are cheaper here because they're made in this country!
I've been thinking about that too :) I have a few . . . ahem . . . resources up my sleeve, lol.
Ah that would be why about the blades! Didn't realise they were MADE here, lol.
Post a Comment