Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tired girlie

Not done too well on the practice sessions over the last week. I went on Thursday morning, but had a very tentative skate after falling on my hip last week, and then it was Stacey's hen weekend so no skating then! I started my new role on Monday (having been promoted - now a Business & Systems Analyst, doesn't that sound grand!), but not having a replacement yet, I am doing two jobs at the same time and was so tired last night, I didn't skate then either.

Still knackered today, but lesson time and it wasn't a complete wash-out.

Forward Stroking: Good - need to turn out my left leg more.
Forward Crossrolls: Did these slow and fast. Both need more knee bend - I have never done them fast before, and not bad, but need more "bounce".
Backward Strikes: There is certainly more power on these than there used to be, but I need to stop wiggling!
Backward Russian Stroking: Felt quite nice and smooth. I didn't realise that I bring my feet together before each BXO which I need to stop - apparently that will give me more power.
Rhythm Blues: Taken to bits without the music today. The pattern is much, much better, so focussing on things like pushing forward into the swings rather than in the direction they end up, so there is a better edge on them. We also worked on my progressives, especially the lilted ones to get the rhythm right. I now have "seductive" arms on the strokes into it, and did all my cross-behinds today, even though I still have a hint of terror on my face!! Pleased with how this is progressing.
Step Sequence: Yes - my first attempt at starting to learn a step sequence. How hard are these when you start!?!!! Today I did a RFO3 with extended leg and arms going up (American style?), push back onto a LBO edge, then RBO edge, cross-behind onto LBO, step forward to RFO, cross in front to an LFO, briefly bring feet together and then LFO mohawk. Feels incredibly awkward, but I believe this is the norm for learning step sequences!!!
Forward Spin: Didn't fall down a hole this week, but wasn't all there, and only managed paltry single revs. Although D tells me that I am dropping my right hip and shoulder too much so that could explain it!
Spreadeagle and Ina Bauer: Just a quick one of each at the end of the lesson. Done better - spreadeagle was better than my Bauer, but put it down to being tired.

Absolutely exhausted now, so off to bed very soon after grabbing something to eat, as I want to be up early tomorrow to be at patch by 7.00 . . . I am beginning to wonder about my mental faculties. How can I be so tired and STILL want to be up at dawn?!!!

No comments: