Return of the LFB
Yep - after a blissful year and a half mouse free, one has been spotted in the kitchen and since barricaded in with a towel under the door. Time to go and stock up on peppermint oil again, and this time, I will tell the landlord straight away. Sigh . . .
Anyway, back to skating. I had to miss a few sessions (and of course, my debacle of trying to go to morning patch on Tuesday!), so since last week, I didn't get on the ice till last night. And then again this morning - I'm loving the mornings at the moment!
Lots and lots and lots of mohawks again. And it is really starting to pay off - on the patterns D has taught me, I am holding the exit edge of the mohawks and there is a definite increase in speed. Still not quick, but speedier than they were.
Practiced the usual bunch of stuff otherwise - ran through all my dances as well. Dutch Waltz feeling good, Rhythm Blues feeling quite good and Canasta Tango feeling faster.
Last night I did loads of 3-jumps and am beginning to feel quite comfortable doing them now. Spinning is not doing so well, but a little improvement. It's still bringing the free leg round into the spin that gives me the biggest problem but it is getting about halfway round now before I bring it in.
I've been playing around with inside spreadeagles quite a lot this week and glad to say that these have a little more power behind them now too. Ina Bauers are feeling a little more stable, but not with the same ooomph yet as spreadeagles (not that that is that much either!).
Lastly, I did backward crossovers, working on building up speed by using both pushes. I am leaning a little more into the circle now, and get faster much quicker which is a good thing. I have also started doing these from a mohawk start, just to get used to them, and find that this also helps with building up speed quicker. I am quite pleased at how these are going.
Can't WAIT for my lesson next week - it will have been THREE WEEKS since the last one! Although, I wonder how she and her partner are getting on at the Mountain Cup . . .


2 comments:
Oh, you so have my sympathies over the LFB!!! If it ever happens to me again, I don't think I'll be able to take it, it just about finished me off last time.
I hope you can get shut of it/them really quickly.
Thanks Clare - I was a little horrified that the problem has returned after months of nothing!
Post a Comment