Getting my legs back . . .
Due to my coach having a family crisis, I didn't have a lesson this evening, so worked on getting my legs back to normal after their wobbly few days.
And it is getting better now - both yesterday and today I worked a lot on inside mohawks, after getting inspiration watching how the younger girls throw themselves into them. And on the whole, it is working - I started concentrating less on making them look pretty, and more on just doing them faster. After a while, they started happening faster (although I am sure still too slow for D, but give me time!) and I could start working a little more on the aesthetics again. Overall, quite pleased.
Worked on a fair few other elements as well - Russian stroking forward and back, crossrolls, edges (including starting to work tentatively on my backward edges for Level 2), 3turns, twizzles, spirals, a few spins and a few 3-jumps.
Ran through my dances - the long axis of Rhythm Blues feels really good now, but I am going comparitively so flippin' fast by the end of it, the cross behinds are really hairy! Dutch Waltz also felt quite nice, and Canasta Tango not too bad either.
Afterwards, I had a lovely chat with an adult skater who I have not had the pleasure to talk too before, but did get rather cold as a result! Still, it's always nice to meet new people :)


1 comment:
It only reserve
Post a Comment